Wednesday, April 28, 2010

LABELING

Last night Dave put the boys to bed and when I heard them still playing after an hour and went to go check on them and get them back in bed. When I got down to their room they were playing in their closet which brought my attention to the wall right outside of the closet which had been labeled with a Z P and a backwards J with a sharpie marker that had been found. I got the marker from them and put them back in bed. I think they still played a bit longer but any way, on to this morning. I went downstairs to gather up all of the laundry to wash which was scattered all over the room and the closet. As I started looking around while picking up laundry I noticed a few more letters. Zackery, as the scribe, had labeled where each of their belongings went. A backwards J (I guess we need to work on this letter) on each of Jackson's three shelfs, another backwards J on the wall where his shirts hang, a P on the two shelfs that Preston uses, a P where Preston hangs his shirts, a P and a Z on the shelf where the pull ups are kept for the two of them, a P on one of the dresser drawers, a Z on the other three drawers for Zack, a Z where Zack hangs his clothes, a P on Preston's bed, and last but not least a Z on Zack's bed. I'm not really sure what the reasoning was for all of this but for now it's kind of cute. Even if it doesn't wash off. And now even Dave knows what belongs to which boy!
Now, this all happened after they pulled all of the clothes off of the shelves and hangers including the clothes on the top shelf of the closet which I had only last week so nicely seperated (too small for one but too big for another, winter from summer), folded and stored up their until needed at some future date.
Most days it's not a problem having all three boys share a room, but some days I wouldn't mind sending them somewhere else for a few days. As long as I get them back because they are pretty cute and my life would probably be really boring if they were gone for too long

1 comment:

  1. wow sarah, you took this pretty well....I think I would have been pretty upset. But yes, I guess it is pretty smart of them and amusing!!! Plus it's not like you can keep anything looking new when you've got kids, especially boys!!! hope you guys are doing good!! =)

    ReplyDelete